- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ cups sweet brown rice, uncooked
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 raisins
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ½ cups walnuts, shelled
1. Bring water to boil in 2 quart saucepan.
2. Add rice and salt, cover and reduce heat to medium.
3. Cook for one hour (or until rice is tender).
4. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
6. Mix half the raisins and half the cinnamon into half of the rice and process mixture thoroughly
through a grain mill. Or you can place mixture in wooden bowl and pound until paste forms.
7. Repeat with the remaining rice, raisins and cinnamon.
8. Place walnuts on a baking sheet and roast in oven and let cool.
9. Finely chop walnuts.
10. Measure rice into 2½ tbsp portions.
11. Shape dumplings with moistened hands.
12. Roll each dumpling in walnuts to coat. Serve immediately.
Image Source: http://www.vietworldkitchen.com/